Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Choir Director 2: Runaway Bride

The Choir Director 2: Runaway Bride by Carl Weber

Wow, time flies when you're working hard. I read and listened to this to this novel 5 months ago, back in November of 2014, and I'm like, where do I start?

This is the second installment of the Choir series. Now I'm not saying there will be an Choir Director 3. Carl haven't said a word to me, in fact, he doesn't speak to me at all. Nevertheless, this novel came 3 years behind the Choir Director, and with abour50% of the original characters, GRATE, was my thoughts.

The formats I used for this review was be based on the Kindle Ebook version, 304 pages, and Audible.com, audio format, 9 hours and 46 minutes, narrated by: Jennifer Kidwell, Marc Damon Johnson, Nicole Lewis, Patricia R Floyd, Leo Coltrane, Amuche, and published by Hachette Audio. I usually use two mediums to complete a book, because I spend a lot of time at work where I listen to the audio version, and with what little time I have at home or other appropriate places I would read.

Both formats was well produced. I seen no errors within the Kindle app version, which is used on my iPad. I remember seeing any grammatical errors, or any weird functionality to be noted. The cast of narrators did a great job in bring these characters in this novel to life, as where the character development was impeccable, and this is so important when you are writing a series and introducing new characters into a current plot, or a new plot.

The plot and subplots was masterfully written and flowed very well. There were some predictable,  areas, but the subplots and tension points kept it interesting and build some good drama, and I love drama.

The story starts three years later where Tia has left Aaron at the altar without an explanation and secluded herself away form the world. Aaron is heartbroken and must why she left him. Now comes in all this other stuff which drives the story, what fills it in is betrayal, murder, and stupidity.

There is a lot of underhanded crap going on with these Christians behaving badly. What's going on you asked, a lot of pay back is what's going on. Coming to help Aaron mend his broken heart is have slut do travel, Desiree, and it's funny how at first Aaron pays her no mind. Ladies take note, when a man is in love, he doesn't see other women as women. Example; a woman can be bouncing around the office with no blouse and bra, he doesn't see tits, he sees breast and they're just part of her outfit.

The story twist and bends around Tia's reason for leaving Aaron at the altar, Aaron is offered a big recording deal, and around the stupidity of the first lady. Now I have to say, this is where a character was out of character. The First Lady, Monique Wilson, aka Monique Johnson is no fool, and here she act like Cookie. And who is Cookie you question? Cookie is a no particular woman who is one dumb broad, and that's not Monique.

Now I can be wrong, but the ending tells me there's another book to follow in this Church Series. I think most of Carl Weber's fans will like this novel. There is a lot going on, and a lot of drama that fueled by mystery. The Choir Directer 2: Runaway Bride gets 5 Stars.


~LW~



No comments:

Post a Comment