Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sin No More by: Kimberla Lawson Roby


Sin No More (Reverend Curtis Black #5) 



In a series, I love when the books flow into each other. For me, this creates a seamless saga, and as this series continued, Sin No More begins less than a year from Love & Lies.

Author Kimberla gave Reverend Curtis Black a make over in this novel, but other than Rev. Black, everyone else remained in character.

Mystery and drama starts from the very beginning. The subplots gave the author a lot of latitude to craft this tale. Chapter development was excellent, and I say excellent because there wasn't that much of OVER THE TOP DRAMA, this seasoned writer kept me driving towards the finish line for the How! Mystery is a mighty force, which is hard to wheel, and the author displayed she has the ability to use this force as a tool to pin this novel. 

From the very beginning we know the WHO, and we know most of the WHY to the subplots, and the author uses the element of HOW as the beacon. --That element of How, kept me in wonderment of the other missing elements, What and When.

I read the hard cover edition, and listen to listen to the audio version which was narrated by Tracey Leigh. Tracey Leigh does a wonderful job vocalizing each character, except Rev. Black. Tracey doesn't do a bad job at bringing him to life, it's not that at all. I just don't see him in that tone of voice.

If you are a fan of the Reverend Curtis Black series, and you're behind in your reading of the series as I am, you will enjoy this fifth installment of the series. I only hope you will enjoy it as much as I have, this way you will see why I gave it 5 Stars.
 
 
~LW~
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment