Friday, July 17, 2015

I'd Rather Be With You by: Mary B. Morrison

I'd Rather Be With You  (Book 2)



Well, well, well how time flies when you're scheming, lying, cheating, and trying to commit murder. I'd Rather be With You is the continuation  from "If I Can't Have You," and these are characters behaving badly.

Mary B. Morrison spun a true sequel that picks up directly behind predecessor "If  I Can't Have You," book 1 of the series, and I like that about multi-volume series.

I liked the first book so much, I immediately downloaded book 2 from Audible.com, which plays for 9 hours, 47 minutes, narrated by Cary Hite, and published by Blackstone Audio.

As I said before, book 2 is filled with nearly all of it's characters from the first installment and yes these characters were still behaving badly. --So it's like, where do I begin? There is so much going on with all these characters, keeping up with them you will need a score card. Yes they are all over the place; a wife pulling the plug n her husband, your number two girl nursing your man back to health, your man finding out you've been plug by another man and you're having his baby,  and the maybe baby's daddy is out of jail and wants everything.

It's rare to find sequels leading off from it's prequel ending and to be just as good as the first book which drew you in. This author, Ms. Morrison is a Storyteller, and she's damn good at her job. In this novel the things which unfolds all stems from the first novel, and it's drama packed , the only thing I didn't like was the lost of friendship. I hope somewhere down the road I would see this get addressed.

This is a good story to read and follow. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I gave this novel 4 stars out of 5, so check it out.


 ~LW~

No comments:

Post a Comment